Despite the current housing crisis there are staggering amounts of currently recorded empty houses across England.
- On the 5th of October 2020 it was recorded that there was a grand total of 743,059 empty houses across England.
- Out of these unoccupied homes, 410, 905 of them have been empty for a period of under 2 years.
- Impressively, 262,953 of these unoccupied houses are second homes which are mostly used as ‘holiday homes’.
- There are 49,037 properties which have been recorded as being empty for a period of 2 to 5 years.
- Lastly, 20,953 of England’s unoccupied homes have been empty for over five years.
- Despite the high number of empty houses found across England, the housing crisis remains a prominent issue which requires further addressing.